Friday, May 9, 2008

food & drinks

I have a terrible problem with eating in the car on a long trip. I pig out. I could eat the entire time. Of course, last big road trip I took I was 7 months pregnant, so maybe it's not as bad as I thought. Still, I don't want to spend a fortune on food and I don't want to starve. I think we'll bulk-buy a lot of snacks before we leave and keep a cooler full of sandwich making supplies. We'll eat out less if we have access to camping cookware, I think I"ll start hitting yard sales to acquire a cook-stove and things like that. Will we have access to running water at all times? I don't know. I don't want to use disposable dishes, maybe we can select foods that don't require utensils...... maybe we can each carry our own utensils and clean them with drinking water? we'll need a lot of bottled water, have you seen those new canteen bags? they're disposable but they take up a lot less space than the bottles. I wonder if they're biodegradable.

No comments: