Friday, June 2, 2006

San Diego.

5 kids
1 van
1800 miles

Crazy? Perhaps. We're leaving soon. They're putting tires on the car.

We have to go ot my Sister's wedding, A birthday party for my other (step) mom and I have to pick up a 12 foot long pizza prep table for our new restaurant in a Uhaul trailer that will be attached to my Van full of kids I love. I have never pulled a trailer before but my husband has and he's good at it, and I've seen him do it. And I've heard him make fun of people who aren't good at it. "Look how close she's following, I hope she doesn't have to stop fast." and other helpful pieces of wisdom like "See that guy fishtailing, his trailer is loaded wrong, it's too heavy at the front end. You're supposed to put the heaviest part of the load here (insert little hand demo)"

So I do have a little informal training.

Did I mention that in addition to the Pizza prep table I have to clear out our old storage unit that we've been paying almost $100 a month for almost 8 years.

And I'll be in the car with my 5 lovely kids for almost 3 weeks from start to finish.

Wish me luck.

No comments: