Thursday, August 28, 2008

Cheap tickets to Dallas

I can't believe just 2 weeks before my trip, I got round trip tickets plus a hotel for around $500 The flight alone would have cost that much, and I could have gotten a rental car (economy) for $11 a day, but the hotel is right across the street from the one where the convention is, so instead of driving I plan to walk. My hotel offers free parking. I just hope that the area isn't dangerous. I have to figure out how to get from the airport to the hotel. I looked it up and the cab ride would be $60. Imagine- both ways, that's not going to happen. I know there's a DART system, I have to check the schedule that's all.

SO- priceline.com, I didn't have to bid or anything. I got exactly the dates I wanted (they happened to be the cheapest) Just for kicks, I punched in for a family trip to Tampa, I've always loved the beaches there, and for 2 adults and 5 kids (because one is still an infant and flies free) it was less than $500 per person. Wow- I think I'm going to siphon off some of me earnings for a trip to Tampa. I love the St Petersburg beaches, I love the Salvador Dali museum. Siphoning offe arnings isn't that big of a deal, like we could be MORE broke!

Orlando was the same price, by the way. I wonder if there's such a thing as cheap disney passes. I wonder if I have enough kids for a group rate. Is there such a thing as cheaper by the half dozen?

No comments: