Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The first 50 things I'll do on the road

50 Things I'll do on the road

Ok- I just put 50 for the hell of it. It’s a random number just because I plan to number these items so I can refer to them later. There will probably be more than 50, which will be funny later when I say “Number 75 on my list of 50 things to do” but I’m getting ahead of myself.
1 – master hula hoop tricks and spread hoop love everywhere we go
2-4 – go on a nighttime walking ghost tour of Salem, Boston, Savannah and New Orleans
5- Watch the Disney World fireworks with my kids
6- Swim with dolphins
7- see Mt Rushmore
8- pan for gold
9- see real lava
10- snorkel with sea turtles
11- learn to Scuba dive
12- dive for treasure in the gulf coast, where sunken ships are just everywhere, right?
13- float down the spring-fed river in San Marcos
14- sail from the Great Lakes to the Atlantic Ocean
15- Spend a week with no electricity in the Green Mountains
16- See Dollywood.
17- Nashville (visit my cousin) and the Grand ole Opry
18- Laura Ingalls Wilder museum in MN, I think
19- Ice skate on a real frozen pond
20- Burning Man
21- A rainbow gathering
22- Visit my mom, dad & grandparents in Maryland
23- Smithsonian
24- Liberty Bell
25- eat fresh honey
26- tour a million factories
27- spend a week working on a farm, really working- like milking cows
28- dig for opals
29- spelunking in Arizona
30- rapelling
31- kayaking
32- swimming in Clearwater, Florida
33- soak naked in a Yosemite hot spring
34- rollerblade Venice beach with my kids
35- buy badass vintage clothing and resell it at the trendy overpriced thrift shops on Melrose Avenue in LA
36- buy antiques at auction in the midwest and resell them in California
37- decorate my RV to look very gypsy with purples, reds, beads and fringe
38- sleep outside more often than I sleep inside
39- naturally wake with the sun
40- sing around a campfire with my family
41- eat something we killed that day
42- recognize wild edibles and enjoy eating them
43- take better pictures
44- sell my paintings
45- see the beauty in everyone we meet
46- make startling realizations that shatter assumptions I thought were facts
47- stand on top of something really tall- like the edge of the Grand Canyon- and shout something very important, as loudly as I can
48- watch the sun rise over the Atlantic Ocean
49- Watch the sun set into the Pacific Ocean (OK- I’ve done that, but I put it here anyway)
50- Make out with my husband under a waterfall

I totally exceeded the "50 things" mark.  Check out the rest of the list on GypsyMom.com

No comments: